Geo-Literal Qualifications and Experience
Bill Girolamo, the founder and president of Geo-Literal, Inc., has more than 25 years of experience as a geologist and environmental consultant with a large network of associates and colleagues he can call on to help meet his customer's needs.
Areas of Expertise
- Health and Safety - our most important consideration
- Project Management
- Senior Technical Oversight
- Phase I and II Assessments : Oil Field Waste, Petroleum Contamination, Chlorinated Contamination, Heavy Metal Contamination
- Storage Tank Compliance and Closure
- Regulatory Compliance Audits
- Service Station Upgrades
- Logging and Interpretation of Sediment and Bedrock
- Evaluation of Remedial System Design Alternatives
- Design and Installation of Soil and Groundwater Remedial Systems
- Remediation System O&M
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Agency Negotiation to Streamline Site Closure
- USEPA Triad Approach
- Third-Party Review
- California UST Reimbursement Fund Accounts
- State Geotracker Accounts
- Report Preparation, Editing and Review
- Preparation of Politically Sensitive Documents
- Technical oversight and agency interaction in remediation of 2-million gallon jet fuel release at a major airport; site cleanup was complicated by a co-mingled chlorinated hydrocarbon plume.
- Design, permitting, installation and O&M of soil and groundwater remediation systems at gas stations and industrial facilities in Northern and Southern California; system decommissioning upon achieving closure.
- Technical oversight of large Brownfields site for a city in Southern California that involved assessment and remediation of a free product gasoline plume several city blocks in size.
- Logging, geologic interpretation, senior technical review, and health & safety oversight of deep open-core wells in bedrock on a large-scale chlorinated plume migration study for a major aerospace corporation.
- Supervision of drilling, well installation, groundwater monitoring, interpretation of hydrogeology and contaminant characteristics, and management of field crews at power plants throughout California.
- Restructuring and management of a field services dept. in a large environmental consultancy; regional coordination of field services; man-aged 2,000-well monitoring program with a major oil company.
- Developed training programs for field techs, project managers and scientists; developed and taught project management training in the US and Australia.
- International experience (Australia):
- Assessed a chlorinated hydrocarbon plume that had migrated off site from an industrial complex through volcanic rock into a residential area and wetlands; developed contaminant migration model to develop a conceptual groundwater containment system; was a benchmark project for Victoria, Australia EPA.
- Conducted environmental facilities audit at the largest through-put petroleum terminal in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Directed assessment and remediation projects throughout Victoria.